Monday, December 10, 2007

It's Dark Outside


Owen's gnome village...


Owen's wreath he made ALL by himself!


My first try at Danish floral arranging...


Another try.

Good day! The count down is ON! We are soooo excited about coming home. Have I mentioned that it NEVER really gets light here? The sun finally comes up at about 8:45 and starts going down around 2:30. A little less than 6 hours of day light. This part is truly detestable. I am a bright and shiny person. It's rough. The day is sooooooo long (or short depending on how you look at it.) And you are cooped up soooo much. I think I have taken on a new hobby of complaining. We aren't sleeping well because we just don't do enough. Maybe today we will go somewhere. Hmmmmm....where? Well, that opens up a new can of worms. Well, we'll just pack. I am trying to use this as an opportunity to be patient. I say I believe in God and read the bible, so I think it's time for me to obey and try my hand at perserverence and see the joy in ALL things. Whoa! It's easier said than done. I guess that's how it always is.

Well, the other news is: We're gonna have another baby! Most of you may know...word has traveled pretty well around some circles. This wasn't planned as we were surely DONE...ha! But I can say we are now excited about the adventure. Problem is morning sickness has been all day and pretty severe for me. Smells especially. Whoa! I must have the nose of an animal because I can smell EVERYTHING and most of it makes me want to barf. So this just compounds our readiness to be in familiar territory. When you are craving Chick fil A and Tahitian Treat and you are in Denmark...there is a slight problem! Well, I am about 8 weeks and will go to the doctor when we return. I usually like to wait to tell until after my first appt, but I figure that doesn't really matter much. If something happens it's beyond my control so not telling isn't going to change anything. It's funny to think how almost superstitious I was when everything was happening for the first times in my life!

Saturday, Owen and I went to a "dekoration" workshop at a florist about an hour away from here. An acquaintance here invited us awhile back and I thought we would be making ornaments. Well, I was wrong. We made floral type arrangements. It was a neat place, a barn in the countryside. But I doubted whether Owen would really like it once I found out what we were in for. He surprised me (as he always does). He just switched gears and instantly came up with more ideas that I had money!!! We had to leave early! He was great! I'll post some pics of the things we made. I don't know how we will ever get these things home, but it was a good experience none the less.

Well, I guess that's all for now! Can't wait to see you all!
Love, Amanda and fam.

No comments: